This policy explains our privacy practices for how personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. If you do not wish to have your personal data processed as described in this policy, you shouldn’t use the Services
Collection of your Personal Information
Mebway collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, Mebway may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
If you purchase Mebway's products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service or mailing list, leave us your feedback, search for a product, designer or maker, download any content from our website, place an order on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site, signing up for special offers from selected third parties, sending us an email message, submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services.
We will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Mebway may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Mebway and its affiliates.
Information you give us will not be made public on the site unless otherwise stated.
We shall not request from you any personal information, which is deemed sensitive data, including without limitation, information regarding religious or other beliefs, physical and mental health details, sexual life, racial or ethnic origin, trade union membership and/or offences, and we ask that you do not to supply us with any sensitive personal data.
You may review and update the information you have provided to us at any time by contacting us.
Automated Information: When you use our site, we may automatically collect information in order to allow us to operate and provide the Services, analyze and improve how our Services are used and provide a personalized experience for our users. This information may include:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, geolocation data, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive: We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. You may ask us to provide you with information about our services or about services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organizations by sending us an e-mail to [email protected].
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
If data is transferred by us from within the EEA to a jurisdiction outside the EEA, it is done so in accordance with EU Data Protection laws. We rely on the following legal bases to transfer your information:
a. Model Clauses: The European Commission has adopted standard contractual clauses (also known as Model Clauses), which provide safeguards for personal information that is transferred outside of Europe. We may use these Model Clauses when transferring personal information outside of Europe.
b. Privacy Shield: We may rely on the EU-US Privacy Shield to transfer personal information to some of our third-party service providers in the United States, where they are certified to receive such information under the Privacy Shield Program.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Mebway does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Mebway may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is transferred to the third party. Mebway may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Mebway, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
We may use your personal contact details if:
1) It is in our legitimate interests to use personal data to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
2) It is in our legitimate interests to use personal data to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
3) To keep our site safe and secure for everyone, we may use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interest of ensuring the security of our Services.
4) It is in our legitimate interest to use personal data to understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
5) We may use personal data to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them. This processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest of providing our users with the best service possible.
6) We may use geolocation data to determine the city where you are located in order to define the settings of our Site and to determine which services are available to you, and to provide you with relevant advertising. This processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest of providing our users with the best service possible. We will not share your current location with third parties. If you do not want us to use your location, you should turn off the location services in your device’s settings.
7) We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you, in order to pursue our legitimate interest of managing our data effectively. We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
Mebway may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Mebway or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Mebway; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Mebway, or the public.
Opt-Out of Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
In connection with any personal information, we may disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know:
• The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the disclosure of your personal information. To opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, visit this Web page www.mebway.com.
Tracking User Behavior
Mebway may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Mebway, in order to determine what Mebway services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Mebway to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Mebway. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Mebway website.
The Mebway website may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Mebway pages, or register with Mebway site or services, a cookie helps Mebway to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Mebway website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Mebway features that you customized.
You have an option to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Mebway services or websites you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
Mebway secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Mebway uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Mebway does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe from Third Party Communications
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from third-party partners of Mebway by contacting us here:
- Web page: www.mebway.com
- Email: [email protected]
From time to time, Mebway may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Mebway, you may opt out of such communications by emailing us with a text "opt out" in a subject line at [email protected].
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
Mebway welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Mebway has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Mebway at:
5301 N Federal Highway, Suite 215
Boca Raton, Florida 33487
Mebway Kamil Galdzicki
Fabryczna 2/3.6, 20-301 Lublin
+1 408 351 0068
Effective as of March 18, 2023